The programme for the day includes:
• Introduction by Elizabeth Balmforth, Curator, RHS Garden Harlow Carr
• Keynote address ‘Weaving Gardening into the Curriculum’ by Jonathan Roe, Headteacher, Ings Primary School, Hull.
• Three practical workshop or garden tour sessions*
• School Gardener’s Question Time
• Lunch and refreshments
• Free access to the gardens up to 6pm
*Workshops and Garden Tour offered:
• ‘Making the school garden pay its way’ with John Hickling and Sarah-Jane Mason, RHS Horticultural Development Officers, Yorkshire and the Humber.
• ‘Thirty sneaky ways to teach Science and Maths in the garden’ with Anne Gunning and Mandy Morrison, RHS Regional Schools Advisors
• ‘Art in the Garden’ with Jo York, North Yorkshire Visual Arts Consultant
• Garden Tour: ‘Inspiring Outdoors’ with Gill Owen, Education Officer, RHS Garden Harlow Carr